Our founder, Sh. Haresh Mehta, started his career in 1977 at the age of 16. He was put into a very strict work regime by his grandfather to prepare him for a larger role in the future. He worked tirelessly across functions and roles in his family business of manufacturing and marketing of Pesticides, Bichromats& Ferro Alloys.
Regardless of a long and tiring work schedule, Sh. Haresh Mehta gave sufficient time and importance to his academics, and it was during this period that he developed his core values and business acumen from the ground up and climbed the ladder with strict conviction and self-belief.
In 1994, Sh. Haresh Mehta independentlystarted the HM Group of companies. Today we successfully run a well-established and diversified portfolio of businesses that are gearedtowards maintaining a value-based profitable business enterprise with great focus on our philanthropic activities.
Each business is run and managed by an independent professional business head and an equally efficient team. A closely held investment company has been formed with the objective of efficiently managing the finances of the group companies.Sh. Haresh Mehta directly heads the trading & investments component of the business while providing overall strategic vision & direction acrossgroup companies. He also serves as a Trustee on the Board of the H. M. Charitable Trust, founded by him to give help to needy and deserving students.
Now, with his two sons – Yash and Divit joining him fulltime, the group is full of innovative ideas, new energy and ventures.
Life has just started at the HM Group.
- 1975 Joined family business; worked in various roles across functions
- 1979 Comprehensive program on Export-Cum-Import Management conducted by Indo American Society.
- 1980 Participated in program on The Conversational Arabic with script at Davar’s College of Commerce
- 1983 Mr. Mehta received acknowledgement for his managerial and hardworking capabilities from Mr. V. A. Altekar, Director, National Metallurgical Laboratory, Council of Scientific &Industrial Research, Jamshedpur, India and appreciation from Mr. D. D. Akerkar, Head Ext. Met. Division NML, CSIR, Jamshedpur, India.
- 1985 Representing Pesticides and Chemical Industry as apart of 21-member delegation that visited Iran under the leadership of Mr. Punj, then president of Federation of India Export Organisations (FIEO), to explore the possibilities of further developing the existing trade and economic relations between the two countries.
- 1986 Representing the Chemical Industry, Mr. Mehta was part of the 8 member Chemixil delegation that visited all countries along the West Coast of Africa to explore and better relationship between the various countries and India.
- 1990 Started Premium Metals to mainly supply specialized products such as Chromium,Molybdenum, Tungsten etc. to nichedomestic markets.
- 1991 Participated in a Program on Agricultural Input Marketing held at Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahemedabad, India.
- 1993 Started a joint venture with Peter Blyth of Blyth Metals, UK – Blyth Metals (India) Private Limited, to cater to growing demand in various industries for quality Metals, Ferro Alloys & Electrical components.
- 1994 Started Premium Investments to manage group’s proprietary portfolio consisting of real estate, marketable securities both debt and equity and money market instruments.
- 1998 Started Premium Metals India Pvt Ltd, mainly to address the needs of small segments/consumers by local trading, stock and sale of various products.
- 1999 Took over the stake of Mr. Peter Blyth in the Indian JV and became 100% owner of Blyth Metals (India) Private Limited.
- 2000 Started HM Charitable Trust, with the objective ofsupporting underprivileged but deserving students, by sponsoring their education and related expenses.
- 2012 Sons, Yash and Divit join the businesses full time
- 2012 Started Premium eBusiness Venture Pvt Ltd to start multiple technology based business lines
- 2012 Research on online retail venture started
- 2012 Research on Water business started
- 2012 Relaunch of Metals trading business
- 2012 Formed a core management group to enable and monitor all new projects
- 2013 HM Group starts online gifting potal Zokudo, under Premium eBuisness Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- 2017 HM Group starts Aluminum Scrap business under Blyth Metals India Pvt. Ltd.
- 2017 HM Group starts Plastic Scrap business under Blyth Metals India Pvt. Ltd.